1. Bal Bharti Public School
A Unit of BALGRAN, is run by the management of the Balgran and is located within the premises of the home and was setup by the management in April 2000. The school is recognized by The J&K board of secondary education up to class 10th. The efforts are being made to upgrade the school up to 12th class, so as the inmates of BALGRAN can also continue further studies from Bal Bharti public School.
The school consists of a full fledged three storied building having sixteen 20 class rooms and one Examination Hall. Besides, school has fully equipped Science laboratory, Computer centre, Library and play grounds. The school provides educational facilities to the inmates of the home as well as children from the neighboring areas. The present, strength of school is 199 students including 106 inmates of BALGRAN.
The school has a highly qualified teaching staff. Prof. R.D. Sharma and Mrs. Urmil Arora are rendering honorary services as Director and Principal of the school respectively. Mrs. Sadhna Kachroo Vice- principal and Mrs. Neelam Arora is also rendering honorary service to the school. .
The school has a nursery /kindergarten wing too. This is well equipped with learning and playing tools for the children below 5 years of age. They are being taken care by trained and young teaching staff.
The school has three Smart Classes. Smart class which is an effective and modern way of teaching.
Uninterrupted power supply:
A 5 KVA DG Set is dedicated to Bal Bharti Public School for uninterrupted power supply to school. It helps to supply uninterrupted power supply to Smart Classes, Science laboratory, Computer room etc.
Educational tours and Picnics:
Educational tour for senior inmates and picnic for juniors are arranged every year for their outside exposure and change from routine activities. The students were taken to water filtration plant Sheetli, Jammu and Historical ancient temple, Karimchi, Udhampur.
Potable Water Supply:
All Water coolers available in the school are attached with aqua guards for potable drinking water supply.
S h. Jatinder Sharma is teaching Mathematics daily to inmates of class 9th and 10th in BALGRAN.
Balgran is providing extra coaching to inmates in the evening after school hours in
- CLC Tutorial, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu and
- Mastermind, Trikuta Nagar, Jammu are of great help to the Home.
School Management Committee:-
1. Sh. A.K. Khajuria, Chief Engineer (Retd.)- Chairman
2. Dr. R.D. Sharma, Ph.D, Former Vice Chancellor University of Jammu
3. Prof. Renu Goswami , Former, Secretary BOSE & Director Colleges (Retd.)
4. Sh. A.K. Arora, Superindenting Engineer (Retd.)
5. Sh. V.K. Raina, I.F.S (Retd.)
6. Dr. Shashikant Goswami, Ph.D, Scientific Director Sports Authority of india (Retd.)
7. Principal, Bal Bharti Public School
8. Vice- Principal, Bal Bharti Public School
9. One representative of Education Deptt
10. One representative from PTA
The Bhal Bharti Public School Channi Rama, Jammu provides education to the poor at normal tution fee as its policy from ouside students under:
I) From Class Nursery to V Rs 550/- P.M.
II) From Class VI to X Rs 600/- P.M.
III) Annual Development Charges Rs 1200/- P.A.
2. BALGRAN Charitable Trust
- The Balgran Charitable Trust was established in the year 1999 with five trustees who are Life Members of Balgran.
- President of Balgran is ex- offcio chairman of the Trust.
- Besides the Chairman, it has one Treasurer, one Member Secretary and two Members from the Life Members of the Balgran as trustees.
Following are the trustees:
1. Sh. A K Khajuria, President
2. Sh. A K Arora, Member Secretary
3. Sh. Mohit Viz, Treasurer
4. Sh. Veigsh Chander Sharma, Member
5. Dr. Anita Baru, Member
3. Children Health Centre
- The children Health Centre is housed in a separate building with a three bedded isolation ward and is functioning smoothly. The centre is provided with necessary medicines and medical equipments. It is also catering to the outside patients of the area
- A child specialist, Dr. Neelam Kohli, Deputy Director Health (Retd.) has been rendering free service during evening hours. Dr. Rakesh Khajuria Director Health & Family Planning (Retd.) is also rendering free service during morning hours. Children who are admitted in the home are medically examined by them the inmates requiring Medical attention are looked after properly under their supervision.
- Outside patients are also examined and sample medicines if available in surplus are provided.
- A Dental Section on 1st floor of Health Centre has been set up. It is equipped with dental chair, X-ray and other allied accessories has been engaged for Dental Clinic. Consumables required for various dental procedures are purchased from the market. It caters for our inmates and outside patients are also provided dental treatment at subsidized rates. A qualified Dental Surgeon is engaged for the centre.
4. Vocational Education Centre
- Cutting & Tailoring and Embroidery centre is functional Sr. Girl inmates stitch their own clothes. Repair of clothes is also carried out in the centre. The inmates make various items such as bags, handkerchiefs aprons, sofa covers, woolen socks etc . These are exhibited on different occasions for sale. Smt. Asha Kumari, Mother is incharge of Vocational Centre.
6. HEALTH CLUB
The Health Club is furnished with state of art GYM equipment for the inmates of Balgran. The facility of Heath club has also been extended to members of Balgran and their families.
7. STUDY ROOM
Separate study rooms are available for girls and boys in their respective area
8. SPORTS/ RECREATION FACILITIES
Along with outdoor sports facilities the home has Indoor sports/recreational facilities. . A separate recreation room with carom boards and chess is available for girls along with a TV room.A separate recreation room equipped with two table tennis tables, carom boards and chess has been provided for Boys along with a TV room.
Balgran, celebrated its foundation day on 3rd of Sept 2022.
In order to keep strict vigil on the various activities of the inmates, the staff members as well as general public visiting BALGRAN, CCTV cameras with recording facility have been installed. Two LCD TV's have been installed in the Manager room & the Hony. Secretary office for monitoring purpose. Even the output of all the CCTV'S is being watched on the authorized mobile.
EDUCATIONAL TOURS & PICNIC
Educational tour for senior inmates and picnic for juniors are arranged every year for their outside exposure and change from routine activities.