welcome to our organization
BALGRAN is a non-profit, non-government, voluantary organization, committed to the care of children. The aim & objective of the BALGRAN is to provide family home to destitute, orphaned, neglected, socially handicapped children by giving them a family, home and strong foundation for an independent and secure life. Balgran, a local dialect Dogri word, means "childrens' village". Balgran previously known as SOS Children's Village Association (Balgran) was established in the year 1975. Since then it has expanded its services for children in need at rapid pace. This organization is registered with "Registrar of Societies" J&K State, Jammu under order No.279-S of 1975 & Re- registered vide no. Dirc/JRS/279/200 Dt. 3-11-2014 with the new name.
highlights of the year 2022-23
- Smt.Asha Gandotra W/o Sh.R.K.Gandotra, IFS CCF(Retd.) donated six Kanals of land at Bishnah.
- Sh. Umesh Rai V.C. University of Jammu distributed forty Tablets to inmates of Balgran sponsored by Dr. Ankur Gupta Director MIET,Jammu.
- Dental awareness Camp was organized by Dr.Hinja Mengi and presided by Dr.Devinder K.Manyal, Ex MLA, J&K.
- Debate was organized jointly by Samaj Kalyan Kendra and Balgran between school of Deaf and Dumb Jammu and inmates of Balgran and presided by Sh.B.R.Sharma, Retd.Chief Secretary, Jammu.
- Dr. Nuzhat Gul,Secretary Sports Council and her team visted Balgran to promote sports.